Posted on Leave a comment

Dez Bryant Addresses Jerry Jones & Jason Witten Amid BLM Protests

Dez Bryant has always been one of the most outspoken players in the NFL. As of right now, he isn’t on a team but he has certainly been working hard to get himself in playing shape. When it comes to issues of race and discrimination, Bryant always speaks from the heart, and recently, that’s exactly what he did. 

There are numerous protests going on throughout the country and Bryant seems to believe Cowboys owners Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones, as well as tight end Jason Witten, could learn a thing or two about them. In the tweets below, Bryant says these three men should be brought to the protests as they would learn a lot about what real unity is. 

Perhaps these comments were inspired by the fact that the Cowboys recently released a statement about police brutality and how they want to bring people together. It’s important to note that Witten actually saw Bryant’s tweet and tried to call him. Witten even advocated for peace and said that it’s time white people listen and learn about what’s going on in the world. This is a sentiment Bryant ultimately agreed with as he hit Witten with the prayer emoji.

We are facing unprecedented times in America right now and unity will certainly go a long way right now. Hopefully, the sports world is able to enact some serious change moving forward.

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/dez-bryant-addresses-jerry-jones-and-jason-witten-amid-blm-protests-news.112057.html

Posted on Leave a comment

Candace Owens Blocked From GoFundMe For George Floyd Disrespect

Conservative commentator Candace Owens has been extremely vocal in the last week as protests continue to divide the country. The murder of George Floyd sparked outrage, which has led to this current state of social and political unrest. Owens is not pleased about how Floyd is being painted as a hero though, taking to numerous platforms to attempt to tear down his character.

“George Floyd is being uplifted like he’s an amazing human being, and for those of you who have not yet seen the clips or did not pursue or wait for more clips to come out—first and foremost, George Floyd, at the time of his arrest was high on fentanyl and he was high on methamphetamine,” said Owens before speaking about his criminal history.

She went on to say even more, claiming that he should not be celebrated on Twitter.

“We should not be honoring #GeorgeFloyd,” she wrote after slandering Joe Biden.

Candace Owens
Moses Robinson/Getty Images

In the latest development surrounding Candace Owens, the commentator has been suspended from her GoFundMe account as a direct result of her comments about George Floyd.

The decision was made to block her account on Sunday, after she had raised over $200,000 for an Alabama bar owner who called Floyd a “thug.” 

“GoFundMe has suspended the account associated with Candace Owens and the GoFundMe campaign has been removed because of a repeated pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community at a time of profound national crisis,” said the company in a statement. “These actions violate our terms of service.”

Owens responded to the ban, confirming that the money will still go to the bar.

“While I am glad they will give the funds raised this far to the cafe to the owner, I am angry that such a blatant form of discrimination is acceptable by @gofundme . There was NOTHING intolerant or violent about raising funds to help a conservative business owner,” she said.

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/candace-owens-blocked-from-gofundme-for-george-floyd-disrespect-news.112058.html

Posted on Leave a comment

Derek Chauvin To Make His First Court Appearance

Following the tragic killing of George Floyd, Ex-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was charged with second-degree murder, a charge since upgraded from the initial third-degree charge. Not only that, but Chauvin was also charged with second-degree manslaughter; the other three officers involved in Floyd’s death, Thomas Lane, J. Alexander Kueng, and Tou Thao, received aiding and abetting both second-degree murder and aiding and second-degree manslaughter.

Mario Tama/Getty Images

Today, Chauvin is set to make his first court appearance, albeit by way of a video call. He’s set to face the judge at the Hennepin County District Court this afternoon, at 12:45 p.m. It should be noted that the world will be watching this one closely, as footage of Chauvin kneeling on George Floyd’s neck for nine minutes has been sadly seared into many people’s memories. To say there is public pressure on getting this one right is an understatement.

As stated earlier, the charges originally filed against Chauvin were third-degree. On Wednesday, Attorney General Keith Ellison announced he was elevating the charges, in itself a positive sign that justice will be served. “The very fact that we have filed these charges means that we believe in them,” maintained Ellison, speaking on his decision. Keep an eye out for Chauvin’s court appearance to take place this afternoon; we’ll be sure to have the developments as they transpire. 

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/derek-chauvin-to-make-his-first-court-appearance-news.112056.html

Posted on Leave a comment

Floyd Mayweather Goes After Conor McGregor For Retiring

Conor McGregor shocked UFC fans over the weekend when he announced that he would be retiring from the sport. McGregor has retired three times over the last four years and every single time, he ends up coming right back to the Octagon. With this in mind, many are skeptical of McGregor’s announcement although at least for now, they are taking it seriously.

McGregor had been teasing numerous fights and now it looks like they are all being abandoned. One of the fights people were excited about was a boxing rematch with the likes of Floyd Mayweather. As you can imagine, Mayweather was quick to find out about McGregor’s retirement and immediately took to Conor’s IG page to take some shots. Floyd pointed out that McGregor was talking a big game and now, he is simply throwing it all away.

Per Mayweather:

“If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you tell Mike Tyson you could beat me if we fought a second time? Now you’re quitting! I thought you wanted to beat the best? Well, if you decide to come back, I will be waiting to punish you again.”

Based on this comment, it seems as though Mayweather is truly upset about having to miss out on a rematch with McGregor. However, if McGregor decides to come back, now we know a rematch is certainly in the cards. Not to mention, the trash-talking will lead to some great promotion.

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/floyd-mayweather-goes-after-conor-mcgregor-for-retiring-news.112055.html

Posted on Leave a comment

Man Drives Car Into Seattle Protest & Shoots One Demonstrator

More protests were held this weekend as we fight to put an end to systemic and institutional racism. There have been so many horror stories coming to life within the last couple of weeks as protestors share their experiences on the front lines. Tear gas, rubber bullets to the face, injuries, and deaths have been reported from demonstrations all over the world, and, in Seattle, another incident went down as a man drove his car into a large group of peaceful protestors before pulling a gun on somebody and shooting them.

On Sunday, a man attempted to run over hundreds of protestors in his car before he was stopped by the crowd. His vehicle was surrounded after coming to a halt and, at that time, the driver brandished a weapon and wounded a demonstrator.

Firefighters took a 27-year-old man to the hospital, who was the only person injured in the shooting. He is in stable condition.

The shooter turned himself into police and is reportedly still in custody.

This is just one of many incidents from this past weekend of protests, marking how important it is to keep fighting for change. Without peaceful demonstrations and organizational support, we will get nowhere.

[via]

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/man-drives-car-into-seattle-protest-and-shoots-one-demonstrator-news.112054.html

Posted on Leave a comment

J. Cole Weighs In On Minneapolis Police Disbanding

Though nothing that can bring back the Black lives lost to police brutality, thousands upon thousands have rallied across the world to ensure that change can pave the way for improvement. Since the tragic death of George Floyd, which arrived in quick succession after those of Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor, among others, the streets have been lined with protestors standing up for the Black Lives Matter movement. 

While in some places it has lead to heightened tension between police and civilians, other places have embraced the idea of change — in Minneapolis, the City Council recently announced plans to “disband” the police force, explaining their decision following a City Council meeting. Council Member Jeremiah Ellison announced the decision on June 4th, writing “We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department. And when we’re done, we’re not simply gonna glue it back together. We are going to dramatically rethink how we approach public safety and emergency response. It’s really past due.”

Jeff Kravitz/Getty Images

With the City Council believing that the Minneapolis Police Force has been failing to adequately protect the city, with City Council members citing a fifty-six percent murder solve rate in 2019, and a twenty-two percent rape solve rate in 2018 among other statistics. The inaction, paired with growing discontent with the all-too-often violent nature of American police tactics, has led to Minneapolis’ decision to look toward alternative solutions. As presented, one potential option is to allocate police budget funds toward social services like education and public housing. 

While it’s likely that changes of this magnitude will take time, that hasn’t stopped J. Cole from recognizing the impact of the movement. In a rare Tweet, the Dreamville rapper deemed the movement “Powerful powerful,” sharing an article about the disbanding process. It should be noted that Cole was actively protesting in the streets of North Carolina, showing up as a man of the people and inspiring confidence in his fans. Clearly, he’s pleased with some of the changes set to be implemented, and we can only hope that further moves are taken to ensure an end to systemic racism within the police force.

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/j-cole-weighs-in-on-minneapolis-police-disbanding-news.112048.html

Posted on Leave a comment

Donald Trump Takes Shots At Roger Goodell Over Stance On Kneeling

Roger Goodell shocked the football world last week after releasing a statement on behalf of the NFL. In the video, Goodell claims that he stands with the players and wants to protest against racism with them. He even noted that the league was wrong to denounce those kneeling for the National Anthem, four years ago. It was a huge 180 by a league that hasn’t exactly been a beacon of progressivism over the last few years.

Simply put, Goodell is endorsing the act of kneeling now and the President doesn’t seem too fond of this development. Donald Trump has steadily been against this form of protest and yesterday, Trump took to Twitter where he questioned the NFL’s brand new stance.

Per Trump:

“Could it be even remotely possible that in Roger Goodell’s rather interesting statement of peace and reconciliation, he was intimating that it would now be O.K. for the players to KNEEL, or not to stand, for the National Anthem, thereby disrespecting our Country & our Flag?”

This take from the commander in chief shouldn’t be surprising at all when you consider his history. For instance, Trump recently went after Drew Brees for apologizing about his prior comments in regard to kneeling.

Clearly, the President doesn’t like dissenting opinions, especially when they come from the sports world.

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/donald-trump-takes-shots-at-roger-goodell-over-stance-on-kneeling-news.112052.html

Posted on Leave a comment

Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose’s Son Bash Is So Big Now

Don’t look now but Bash, the son of Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose, is growing up faster than we could have imagined.

It feels like they welcomed their little one into the world just the other day. The 7-year-old is growing up before our very eyes and Wiz Khalifa is happy to show off his baby boy to the world before he turns into a man.

“Cruise Life,” wrote the rapper on Instagram. He posted several photos with his son Sebastian “Bash” Taylor Thomaz, stunting by some vintage cars. The father-son duo matched their footwear with alternating pairs of Nike SB Dunks. 

In one of the pictures, they shared a warm embrace as Wiz looks reluctant to ever let go of his son. 

Wiz Khalifa Bash
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Kehlani commented on the pics, noting how much Bash has grown since the last time we had seen him on social media.

“He’s HUGE I can’t deal,” she wrote.

Wiz Khalifa has always been involved in co-parenting Sebastian with his mother Amber Rose. The rapper was married to Rose for several years before their filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. Still, they spend time together as a family, linking up on occasion and showing a front of unity.

Look at how big Bash is betting in the gallery below.

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/wiz-khalifa-and-amber-roses-son-bash-is-so-big-now-news.112053.html

Posted on Leave a comment

50 Cent Clowns Minneapolis Mayor For Getting Booed

Following the murder of George Floyd at the hands of the police, Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey has been receiving a ton of scrutiny. For instance, President Donald Trump has criticized him for not being tougher on rioters, while others have made note that he hasn’t committed to defunding the police. Frey received his most hefty dose of vitriol over the weekend when he refused to commit to defunding the police when asked about it by protesters. The large Minneapolis crowd began to boo him which forced Frey to walk off in shame.

50 Cent found out about the clip and in all of his infinite wisdom, he jumped on Instagram and made fun of the mayor. In the caption, 50 belittled the mayor saying “That’s the Mayor, Damn they did him dirty. I know he went home and cried like a baby.”

Perhaps the public humiliation was a good thing as yesterday, Minneapolis city council members pledged to dismantle the police force and replace it with community-led public safety. This is a monumental step forward in the United States and it will be interesting to see how it ends up working out.

As for 50, well, we’re sure there are plenty of mayors he will be able to clown on in the not so distant future.

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/50-cent-clowns-minneapolis-mayor-for-getting-booed-news.112051.html

Posted on Leave a comment

Pretty Ricky’s Spectacular Comes For Tory Lanez: “Since You Got That New Hairline”

There was a lot of online banter after Tekashi 6ix9ine and Akon got acquainted in the studio this weekend, sharing a preview of their upcoming record “Locked Up Part 2.” Hip-hop fans are angry at Akon for collaborating with the formerly-incarcerated rapper. Styles P issued his response and so did Tory Lanez.

“So what y’all telling me is …. Akon gave the #LockedUpRemix / SAMPLE to someone else !?!?? And not me?!????” exclaimed Tory on Twitter.

This led another party to get involved, suggesting Tory should just “steal” the record like he allegedly did with a number of others.

“@torylanez you should just stole it like you did Grind On Me and Your Body. Why stop now ….. Just keeping it 2 Virgils,” said Spectacular of Pretty Ricky. 

As expected, the shady reply garnered a response from Lanez.

“STOLE WHAT ??!? Actually I BOUGHT the rights from whoever signed u and publishes your music,” said Tory. “But I guess you weren’t apart of that conversation. Go stare in someone eyes and rub on someone thighs and leave me outta this one.”

Spectacular got the final word in, leaving a comment on the post.

“Ever since you got that new hairline, you been acting different,” he said. “Stop with the [cap]. Last time I checked, I owned my own masters. What type of bootleg business you running. You acting like Virgil but not keeping it 2 Virgils.”

source https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/pretty-rickys-spectacular-comes-for-tory-lanez-ever-since-you-got-that-new-hairline-news.112050.html